Saturday, April 3, 2010

Concept

About a week ago, I felt the need to design my own computer case.  It takes "modding" to a whole new level, and will give me something to do.  I wanted to create a simple, yet elegant case.  I first decided to use an all acrylic body because I had the tools to work it.  But cost-wise, plastics are just waayyyy to much.  I settled for a wood frame, wood side, acrylic panel.  I'm going to paint the acrylic to look like carbon fiber.  I will post the different concept designs at some point, but these are my plans for the case at the mo. 
I wanted a case that had plenty of space, easy cable-ing, looked elegant, had good airflow and natural cooling, and had a lot of space for dvd drives and my HDD swap caddies.  I decided to separate the two compartments for thermals and aesthetics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers