Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Worklog Day 3

Today, I went and got some spray paint and a small test sheet of acrylic from OSH.  I tested the carbon fiber effect and have run into a problem with blurry edges (pics later).  I also painted the mobo tray black.  I decided I didn't want to bother wet sanding and all that, so I'm just gonna put a layer or two of clearcoat to protect the paint and avoid shorts with the mobo.  I'm gonna have to toy with the paint job now.  The 1/8" acrylic looks great, a nice thick clearcoat layer ^_^.  Problem is that I don't think I can make enough square footage of HQ fiber.  Maybe I need to pull the liner a lot tighter?  I'll try again tonight with the remaining part.  I'll probably also cut the baseboard out tomorrow.
The small piece of acrylic I bought was like $3, If I can keep the side panels relatively small, I think I cna get away with not spending over $50 on the paneling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers