Saturday, April 3, 2010

Worklog Day 1

So, today I started construction (destruction) of my new custom case.  Yesterday, I took a trip to Frys and grabbed a cheapo Raidmax case.  I didn't want to have to design my own mobo tray because of the accuracy needed to fit the pcie mount plates and standoffs.  I stripped it down and cut out the parts I needed.


Then I took a trip to Home Depot to pick up the wood for the frame.  I knew they wouldn't have 1"x1" wood sticks like acrylic, so I had to redesign on the fly.  I decided to go with .75"x1.5" red oak stock.  I am about halfway through cutting all the pieces I need.  Hopefully it doesn't rain tomorrow so I can finish that.  I had to resort to a circular saw to cut everything as I don't have a chop saw.  After the 8 or 9th piece, I decided to improvise and make my saw into a chop saw of sorts.  I unscrewed the blade height lock and mounted the base plate to a piece of wood.  All I have to do is line it up and push down, I wish i had thought of it earlier!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers