Sunday, April 4, 2010

Worklog Day 2

So, today I finished working on the frame.  Turns out red oak is sorta oily and doesn't take to glue very well.  I ended up glouing the joints and reinforcing them with screws.  I am toying with the idea of attaching a VESA wallmount LCD arm to the right side of the case.  It seems like if I add enough struts, I can support the 30 odd lb it'll take.  Something like this one.
Next is cutting out the base plate from .75" Russian Birch Plywood scrap I had leftover from another project.  After, I'm gonna have to cut some .25" Birch Ply for the side panels.  At some point, I'll need to go out and grab some 1/8" acrylic and paint it.  I need to decide on what fastener I'm gonna use on the panels.  I toyed with magnets, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be taking this with me to college, I don't want to give potential thieves a field day, they're gonna have to work for the loot.
I have also been toying with the idea of a hidden magnetic swivel latch to lock the front panel.  We'll see...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers